Valley Fireworks > Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
  Q: Can you ship fireworks?
A: Consumer fireworks cannot be shipped through the United States Postal System, UPS or Federal Express. They can only be shipped by common carrier which is very expensive with haz-mat fees, etc. Additionally, laws vary from state to state regarding fireworks being shipped in. As such, we will not ship any product. All purchases must be picked up at our physical location.
  Q: Do you sell fireworks "wholesale"?
A: At this point we are engaged in retail sales only. If you would like to purchase case quantities of a product, please contact us prior to the season to ensure that we have adequate stock. If you would like to purchase a full case of an item that we don't normally carry, please contact us as well and we can try to find the item you are looking for.
  Q: Do you shoot shows for special events such as weddings or birthdays?
A: As much as we would like to, unfortunately we cannot. The insurance and regulatory requirements to legally perform public displays requires a great deal of time and resources. At this point we wish to remain focused on our retail operation and helping our customers create their own great shows.
  Q: What are the differences between "consumer fireworks" and "display fireworks"?
A: Consumer fireworks are regulated by the Federal Government through the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), while the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) regulates commercial/display fireworks. In order to be considered consumer fireworks, the items must be tested for various attributes. In addition to testing the amount of composition in a device, other characteristics such as fuse burn time and an item's tendency to tip or come apart are also checked. Anything that falls outside of the CPSC guidelines is automatically classified as commercial/display fireworks. We sell only CPSC regulated "consumer fireworks".
  Q: Do you sell M-80's, Cherry Bombs or Silver Salutes?
A: No. The Child Protection Act passed in 1966 outlawed these devices.
  Q: Why don't you sell "bottle rockets"?
A: In 2009, North Dakota passed a law banning the sale or distribution of rockets smaller than 5/8" diameter or less than 3 1/2" long. However, the possession or use of these rockets is not affected by this law.
  Q: Will my fireworks be safe in my car when it's very hot outside?
A: Consumer fireworks are tested under extreme conditions and should only ignite if a flame comes in contact with their fuse.
  Q: If I don't use all of my fireworks, how should they be stored?
A: Fireworks should be stored in a cool dry area far away from any sources of open flame.
  Q: What payment types do you accept?
A: We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover or cash. We are no longer accepting checks.